To be considered for DRTC, a referral must be submitted to the DRTC Coordinator. After the referral is received, an assessment will be arranged and treatment will be recommended. Assuming the defendant engages in treatment, the DRTC will then decide to accept or deny them into the program based off the factors below.
*Note: Attorneys should get the referral form to the DRTC Coordinator prior to the defendants scheduled court date.
To be eligible for the DRTC, one must:
- Be eligible for a probationary sentence
- Be at least 18 years old
- Not be on the sex offender registry
- Must reside in Forsyth County
Other factors will be strongly considered, such as:
- Whether the defendant has/is willing to get stable housing, including shelters
- Whether the defendant has unresolved cases in other counties that may result in active time
- The defendant’s commitment to recovery from addiction
- Drug dealers who are not dealing to use will not be considered
- Defendants will not likely be accepted if their primary and/or only substance use issue is marijuana
If the defendant’s case is rejected from the DRTC it will remain in the court of origin with their original legal representation.
Submission of a referral form does not guarantee acceptance into the DRTC.
All admissions to the DRTC will be decided by the DRTC team on a case-by-case basis, taking into consideration all pertinent information, including, but not limited to, the individual circumstances of the defendant, the charge(s) and facts of the case, the availability of suitable treatment for the defendant, and the current caseload of the DRTC. Not all eligible defendants will be accepted into the DRTC.
Acceptance into and completion of the program does not guarantee any specific outcomes.
By submitting the following form you are requesting to be admitted to the Forsyth County Drug Treatment Court.
- It is your responsibility to accurately enter all information. Improperly spelling your name or entering dates incorrectly may result in the immediate denial of your request.
- There is no guarantee your request will be granted.
- Our staff is unable to change any information once it has been submitted. NO EXCEPTIONS. It is your responsibility to ensure ALL INFORMATION IS CORRECT/ACCURATE before submitting your request.
- Any submission with missing or incorrect information will be denied. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Click Here for a fillable/printable Referral Form.
Form may be completed and submitted to:
ATTN: DRTC Coordinator
PO Box 20099
Winston-Salem, NC 27120